Old 01-10-2013, 11:24 PM
granny_59

Originally Posted by vanginney View Post
I have never made a regular size Dresden. Can't imagine a mini....is there a good tutorial on how to make a mini? Just curious.

Your quilt is a work of art. Amazing!
I dont know whether there is a tutorial. I found a way that would make it possible to get them even littler: instead of sewing them the traditional way (a straigt line at the top and then turning it to the right side and get the point) I downsized the petals of a picture from a finished dresden plate and printed it on freezer paper.

The freezer templates were ironed to the fabric and then cut with the usual 1/4" seamallowance. The 1/8 "seamallowance at the tip of the petals was pressed to the back and then I simply glued two petals accurately together and placed them on a piece of selfadhesive stabilizer from the embroidery machine. That way I was able to sew them together with the sewing machine without any distortion.Make six of those, cut the seamallowance back to 1/8, secure the sewing thread and then press it open......repeat till you have a dresden plate. :-)
(oksewglad: its a piece of cake for you........)

I hope this makes sence and thank you all for your feedback
Granny