View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 11:37 PM
DOTTYMO

Don't you think servicing a sewing machine should be covered the same as a car. When the car goes in for an annual service or even work done on it you have the option of a loan car. We shouLd be able to have a loan service for our sewing machines as well. A car will go in for a few hours or a few days which the dealer informs us before it goes in. Sewing machine repairs are take it in will ring when it is done, which could be weeks or even months. Some of our machines cost more than cars so why don't we have the option to a loan machine?
Also when a car goes in you have an idea on how much it will cost, when a sewing machine goes in you frequently have no idea until you have the phone call it is ready.
Also extra thought, if the car is not serviced correctly you can complain to different places, my friend had her machine serviced, when she came to class she was having problems so I went to help. I took the bobbin cover off to find it was thick in fluff it had not been cleaned out at all, how do you service a machine without cleaning her. I got a thank you he got about £50.
Sorry about the rant but it does frustrate me the lack of care some dealers provide.