Old 01-11-2013, 02:26 AM
mirabelle

OK finally got these pic sent to me..
First a little history..
Molly is a member of our Machine Embroidery Club, having joined shortly after the passing of her DH 2 1/2 years ago. She would sit in the corner and bead or do crazy patch and we always told her she should buy an embroidery machine. Well I think we planted an idea in her head but she couldn't afford a machine so thought she could do the same sort of thing exploring thread art technique with her sewing machine.

Her first piece was a drawing of a group of Masai warriors and it was stunning,, SO we encouraged her to submit a piece of her work for the BIG Melbourne Quilt Show. Molly being Molly and always doubting herself wasn't happy with her first piece of work so made another and submitted both. They were both accepted into this juried show. She walked away with Viewers Choice for her Emu quilt and an honorable mention for her other work.

Fast forward 12 months and she is ready to submit another piece of her work into the Sydney Quilt Show. She brought it along today and I must admit that while drooling over this work I got goosebumps.

She hand dyes all her background fabric, draws a very rough idea of where she wants things and then sits at her sewing machine and creates this art work.

I hope you enjoy it
Attached Thumbnails molly-4.jpg   molly-3.jpeg   molly-2.jpg   molly-1.jpeg