Old 01-11-2013, 03:12 AM
sewNso

no, i haven't. my girls have been after me to enter her. they saw one hanging at a community center in saxapaha, n.c. and told me mine was ever bit as good (better) than that one. BUT WHEN I LOOK AT ALL YOUR BLOCKS LADY, I SAY 'MINE CAN'T LOOK AS CRISP AND SHARP AS THEIRS.

i have thought about the local fair, just to show her, etc. but haven't. maybe because i broke my shoulder the day i was embroid. the number of pieces on her in the tri. i hand quilted her, did you all know that? i was too impati. to do the pieces indiv, so when she was sandwiched, i just put her in an ole fashioned board roll up quilting frame with C-clamps on the corners, and sat her on my diningroom table, and worked on her for about 6 months. as i did other stuff. she IS quite heavy to lift, when you get done. and i used l strand of upholstry thread to quilt her with. but, ohhhhh I slept good under her as i was recovering from the broke shoulder.
i documented her progress in a thread. here on the board. jane top going together. you have to look at least on the 15th page of my posts to find it under the old jane heading. yes, later today, i'll show the new jane. has anyone posted pic's of all their blocks hanging on their design board, or etc? that's where mine are right now. put them up not too long ago. and i just put a sheet on top of her, when i have another project i want to pin up.