Old 01-11-2013, 06:01 AM
plainpat

Have you tried roasted red pepper hummus? It's the favorite of most all my family.Was going to make it,but find it on sale often,Lots of flavor....so good with fresh veggies.You can get Pringles in small containers.Our fav bean salad,eaten cold is 3cans of any beans,well drained with diced onion,celery & Green or red peppers.I drizzle olive oil,maybe 2Tbl,flavored rice vinegar,garlic powder,italian spices & S & P tp taste.Keeps well in fridge.You could use italian dressing,but we like the oil/vinegar.Try making new dishes at home for a meal to see if he likes them.Good luck & I agree,we all have our quirks

QUOTE=AlienQuilter;5776208]Thank you for all the wonderful ideas!

I bought some canned chickpeas and will attempt to make some hummus for a veggie dip.

He does not like the regular V-8 drinks - not a big fan of tomatoes but found some V-8 fruit drinks and he likes those.

I have tried deviled eggs in the past but I guess they get a little messy.

Will take a stroll through the produce section and see what they have that is easy to eat - he does not want anything that he has to peel or cut up. He eats at his desk. Will try that 7-up trick on some apples. He loves apples.

He also likes flatbread and tortillas. Problem with tortillas is that they don't taste good cold.

And he makes sure he lets me know when I pack something he does not like!

Now some of you are probably wondering why I don't just let him fix his own lunch. I'm a stay at home and he puts in a full day at the office so I try to make sure he gets something healthy to eat - both for breakfast and for lunch. If I did not fix him breakfast he would not eat in the mornings. He's a sweetie in other ways. We all have our quirks.[/QUOTE]