Old 01-11-2013, 06:08 AM
DustysMomma

Wanda Lou, thank you! Oh yes, she was very excited. It was supposed to be a surprise, but when she asked for a teapot cover, my boyfriend said "maybe she can make one to match the placemats she made you" and the cat was out of the bag. So, I made one of those too. Here's the pictures:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]387382[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]387383[/ATTACH]

It's a variation of the Amish basket square, which I'd added the corners to for it to be straight, so I just left off the top corners for this, and used Insul-Brite for the batting. I wasn't able to quilt this piece as much as I wanted to, because it was so tight when I got all the layers together, but I think it worked out OK. We took it all to her for Christmas and she used the teapot cover while we were there. The tea stayed at a hot to drinkable temperature for about 2 hours. Every time the cover went on or off, she'd look at me all excited and smiling.

I am going to have to make her a 11 cm x 12 cm handle wrap with velcro to hold it on though. The whole teapot is metal, so if they leave the handle up, it holds the heat in well enough that the handle is too hot to pick up. My boyfriend is going back to see them for his nephew's christening in 2 weeks, so he'll take that to her then.
Attached Thumbnails dustysmomma-u76908-albums17857-384965.jpg   dustysmomma-u76908-albums17857-384964.jpg