View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 06:44 AM
phranny

Wow, QuiltE, you sure you don't want to organize a shop hop? You sure have been thorough!

Three others that I have visited, are run by Mennonites. Their cotton selection is good, prices are good, but not very large as they carry a lot of other fabrics too. Floradale has a nice cotton selection upstairs. I usually raid her scrap bin. Shady Lawn fabrics in Farewell is another fabric shop. They had an amazing supply of 2 - 3 dollar/ meter fabrics that I raided. I spent $57.00 there and was thrilled with my bags full of fabric. Jantzi's in Wallaceville makes my head hurt. She has fabric piled high and deep, and you just can't get a proper look at everything and I'm always afraid of making the piles fall over.

And I just recall another Mennonite store, north of Mount Forest, near Conn, but the name escapes me. They are Bernina dealers and carry fabric as well. Just looked it up in the yellow pages, and they are called Creekbank. She has some nice quilts displayed with kits. I have taken two classes with her.

I stumbled upon a fabric shop in St Mary's this past summer. My daughter and I were at the Piece Makers Quilt show, and thought we'd browse the town. I don't recall the name of the shop and she didn't have a great deal of inventory, but she had FQ bundles on for half price. How could I resist!

Sometimes the best shops are the ones you just stumble upon, and find the cutest fabrics that just call out to you.

I need to check out New Hamburg and Fergus one of these days. I could never find the one in Fergus, thanks for directing us there.

I've enjoyed reading all the little places everyone likes to frequent, thank you!