View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 07:47 AM
TexasGurl

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
one by me either...closest is over 35 miles away........as far as JoAnn's no-comparison....how true....just yesterday was in a "new" JoAnn in a town about 30 miles west and was greatly disappointed in the layout of the store and also the merchandise offered. A lot of chochkys........fabric dept and quilting stuff in a corner as an afterthought, while other and it seemed, every other hobby was everywhere............also the quilting books are not all in one place, sort of scattered in three different places that I counted anyway...........and the cutting table and checkout cashiers are against the outside walls at the front of the store, and all I could see is what a collision when there is a "sale" on fabric, clash between check out and cutting.....I shall not venture out to that store again........JMHO
I'm with you ... that's exactly how our newer Joann's "Superstore" is here ... we had high hopes when they relocated as a big "Superstore" but they are just JUNK Superstores !!

Fabrics, books and patterns seem to just be a SIDELINE, they have more FLEECE than decent quilt or sewing fabrics (even here in HOT Texas) Books are all mixed in 3 or 4 places, they get very few new quilting books ... 2/3 of the store is other crafts and just MORE seasonal JUNK !! They've had several Mgrs. and none have stayed, I can see why ...
Does Joann's REALLY need to sell SOCKS, COFFEE MUGS, FLAGS, GIFT WRAP and MUSIC CDs etc ??? ... and they wonder why we quilters and sewers shop ONLINE !!

Last edited by TexasGurl; 01-11-2013 at 08:04 AM.