View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 10:03 AM
mythreesuns

Default Yellow Brick Road question.....

I have searched, looked and googled... to no avail...to get an answer to one question...so I am hoping the board can once again help me. lol

I ordered the pattern for the Yellow Brick Road...and I see how many fat quarters I would need for the size quilt I need to make... BUT...

How many different colors are used???

When my kids were in school, and I was a manager of a restaurant, we had a worker who also happened to be best friends with my son. Long story short...one day my son called me to ask if he could stay at our house because his mom kicked him out and he is sleeping in his truck.. (16 at the time). My DH and I said yes.. well he ended up living with us for 3 years straight..with his moms permission.. it was never done through the courts..never got paid for it...so he is very special to us...like a son..

I am making this quilt for him for his wedding.. (I am so excited..as he asked us to share being his parents with his moms blessings). Their colors for the wedding is yellow and red... and I was going to make a quilt in their wedding colors until I heard the colors... ha ha ha..but I still want to use this pattern...