View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 04:03 PM
live2teach

Thankfully I've never caught any of my tupperware on fire. However, when hubby does dishes, and I love him for doing them when he can, he puts the pots and pans that he has no idea where they go, in the oven. When I get ready to preheat the oven, I don't look inside because I never put them in there. Luckily I haven't had anything to melt or catch fire, but I always find his goodies in there when I get ready to use it. Last time it was one of my Fiesta plates, I was afraid it would break when I took it out but it didn't.

One time, when hubby had just gotten home from his midnight shift and working over a few hours, he decided to make some toast. I offered to make it for him but he said he could. Next thing I knew I smelled something burning and looked over and saw him getting more buttered toast ready to insert into the toaster. After telling him remember, you put the butter on after the toast is ready. He swore up and down with me that day that he was right. THen, after he'd had some sleep he remembered the correct way to make toast. LOL.

One time I was making Cherry jelly. I had been out all day picking cherries and doing all sorts of other things and it was late at night when I worked the cherries up. I decided to go ahead and make the jelly because I'm anal like that, I like to try and get everything finished as soon as possible. So anyway, I had two different pots of cherries on to cook and one was smaller. I set down in the living room and unintentionally fell asleep. i woke up smelling something burning and once I realized what I had been down, jumped up and ran into the kitchen to find that in my smaller pot, all of my juice had evaporated and my remaining cherries burnt. I was so mad at myself. Needless to say, I quit cooking when I was tired. lol