Old 10-26-2009, 04:17 PM
Quiltgranny

Hi MJ,

Now, that's a great idea there - the drop leaf table! Great thinking, and very versatile! :) I'm glad that set up works well for you. Sounds like your corner computer unit is a nice space saver, too. Mine is about 6' long and takes up nearly one wall.

I finally found something that I think will work for me now. :shock: It's been over a year in the coming, all good things come to those who wait, right? :D Well, I was re-watching Leah Day's video the other night regarding her Quilting tools and table set up. Now, in all honesty, I watched this video a couple of weeks ago, and for some reason it just didn't do much for me, but on Saturday when I watched it, the bells and whistles went off, BIG time! :wink:

Her set up is using two or three tables, whatever it takes to build yourself into a corner so that your quilt has the sprawl of the tables to support it. Once it hits the wall, it's not going anywhere! :) This is SO ingenious, and it's even MORE perfect for me as I've been trying to figure out how to get TWO machines set up at all times. Here's how it works out for me.

You can see this video or any other of her fabulous videos here:

http://www.freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/

Leah is making a new free motion design every day, hopefully for a full year! This is one talented young lady!! She's so easy to understand, so down to earth and makes this all seem so do-able.

Thanks again for sharing. Happy sewing,

Two sewing tables and one card table in the back. (Not yet pushed up to window - awaiting getting plastic up on windows for the winter). I use the gray table mainly, so can swing my chair around to the computer as needed. Hope I don't get dizzy!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49305[/ATTACH]

Pegboard with rulers, bins with supplies.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]51320[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-49305.jpe   attachment-51320.jpe