View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 07:36 AM
qltgrose

This has been such an interesting discussion! I think it depends on the online store. I have a couple that I buy from regularly and I am very happy with them. I also know if I had any problems they would take care of them. If they didnt plainly they wouldnt get any business from me again. One national chain is in my book for that. As with so many things this or any other craft its going to cost you money. Maybe a solution would be to salvage cotton from garage sales, thrift stores, etc and do as our moms and grandmoms did and use it up in a quilt.

I think precuts are popular because if someone is the type that does one project at a time (NOT ME) and or they dont have or care to have a huge stash, then they can "use up" a FQ or precut squares set. Also if they are one to follow patterns(again NOT ME LOL) put out by the fabric company, its easier and sometimes no more expensive to buy the precuts. Also I think newbee quilters tend to buy smaller quanitities so they can get more variety, that is certainly the path I followed long ago.

The secondary issue is whether you are getting full value. If you arent then you make your unhappiness known to the vendor. Not being a shop owner, I dont know how much if anything the wonky bolts affect them, but if I were I would for sure be complaining to my sales representative. I have spent many years as a sales rep dealing to businesses and believe ME they can if not fix the bolts at least make an effort to make it right.

Originally Posted by coffeebreak View Post
I have been hearing this so often...wonky cut FQ's...and even charm size. so why are they so prominent in the online stores? THey are not cheap, they seldom go on sale for any "good"sale price and so many have problems with them. WHy are they so popular then?