Old 10-26-2009, 07:09 PM
Quiltgranny

Originally Posted by MollieSue
Quiltgranny - that looks wonderful!!!! :thumbup: :D
You got me all inspired to go in and shove my half pingpong table into the corner to see how it'd look! (It's in the middle, against the back wall now) ~ Until I looked in my room. lol!!! Too much stuff. Where do you keep all your fabrics, books, WIPs, etc.?
Your room has that sense of calmness I'm needing in mine! I know your posting is on 'table sizes', so I hope I'm not hyjacking, but could you post a picture of the rest of your room?
:D
Uh oh, I was afraid I posted those two pics too early, lol. :D Now I gotta hurry up and clean up the REST of my sewing room! :shock: :D No, seriously, I am glad you replied; one, because it keeps me going knowing that something I've done (even if I learned it from someone else) will now be helpful to you and maybe others, and two, it keeps me focused to get the rest of the room in shape. :wink: Oh, and no, you are not hijacking at all.

What I will do for you now tho, is at least answer your other questions, then I better get busy and clean up my act, just in case you might wanna see pics for those areas, too! :-) Okay, my stash, okay most of my stash is on a shelving unit hidden in the small closet in here. The 'overflow' is out in my 'annex' - the attached garage. I keep the bulkier and less oft used fabrics out there: denim, home dec, flannel, fleece and batting. I do have shoe box size plastic containers on top of my 6' bookcase for Charm Packs, FQ's and Labels, etc. I have a little basket of Fat Eights, and a jelly roll on one of the shelves, too.

WIPS are in both places, too. I narrowed myself down to three WIPS in my sewing room, lest the rest of them mock me cuz they think they're sitting there too long. When they do that, I tend to feel overwhelmed. :roll: I have another tall bookcase unit with patterns and other books. I will finish up my cleaning and organizing these areas and report with pics as soon as I can. My DH can hardly believe how much happier I've been in the last couple of days since redoing the tables. Funny, the things or situations that can be stumbling blocks to our creativity and inner peace. Only trouble? Now, my family and friends are really expecting my sewing machines to be working overtime, especially since I still managed to do some sewing and quilting when things were in total disarray and it rattled me. :? Let's hope I don't disappoint them, or me. :)

Now, it's YOUR turn, Diana. Hope you'll post a pic of your new set up when you're ready. :) See what you got into? LOL :D Thanks again for sharing your thoughts with me. Best of luck on your potential changes, and may you find peace, too!