Old 10-26-2009, 07:25 PM
ladybugquilter

Welcome Carrie!!!

First off do not loss your confidence, this is only a quilt and you CAN do it!!!

Must haves for me are rotary cutter, self healing cutting mat and rulers. There other stuff I like but these are the must for me.

Easiest to start with I am self taught and started with a huge lap quilt, so I guess it is up to you and what you want/like. I know alot here recommend the disappearing nine-patch. I think any pattern with squares should be easy to tackle. If you do a google search for free beginner patterns you should of a good selection.

Machine quilting is just another skill to learn. I have a $99 singer walmart special and I wound not trade it. I have made 6 quilts, wall hangings and many other projects and it does great. I started with stitch in the ditch quilting (stitching along the seams) went ok. I just started free-motion, like everything else it gets better with practice.

So again you can do this. There are so many here that can and will offer help and confidence boost, so pull up your sleeves and jump it. I can't wait to see a picture of your first block :wink: