Old 01-12-2013, 01:34 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
Yesterday I decided to donate this machine to St. Vincents Thrift store as it is located on my way to the bank. As much as I disliked the sewing machine, I figured that it is still a usable sewing machine and perhaps she will have another life with someone who is not so picky about quality. Mission accomplished.

BUT, of course I had to check out what they had upstairs. Lo and behold, there were 5, yes 5, old sewing machines. Did my heart go pitter pat, well of course. Hmmmm time to dicker, which I did. I bought them all for $95. It did not take long to break the New Year's resolution of NO MORE SEWING MACHINES!!!!
Here is the list:

1. Portable Singer 15-91, bentwood case top, made in Canada with converted motor, excellent condition
2. Embossed White Rotary, mounted on it's cabinet mounting, I have a cabinet for it, whooo hoooo!
3. Singer Model 27 fiddle base in a case, electrified, original manual with it, poor to fair condition
4. Very old Domestic treadle head,
5 Singer Model 15, stripped of some parts, but took it any way, hated to see it go for scrap

And for an extra $10 I purchased 7 old The Modern Priscilla magazines dating from 1903 to 1914. What interesting reading, fashions and advertising.

Later today when there is good light I will take and post pictures.
lucky dog...