Old 01-12-2013, 03:05 PM
rwquilts

Anna, I posted four sites with free paper pieced blocks in post #3 and Krystyna also posted two free sites in post #9 you may want to look at as well? As for Linda Causee's book...you can use the larger blocks as they fit within the size requirements and you can add more than a 1/2" border to the smaller blocks...they don't have to be 4 1/2"...they can finish at 5" , 5 1/2" etc. Just not huge wide borders, but you can add borders that aren't tiny. So technically, you can use every pattern in your book! (I have the book too and maybe we'll be doing the same blocks? Ha ha ha! ) Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
OK I will need to think about it. I think I ran into this before. I am using linda Causee's book
http://www.amazon.com/Foundation-Qui.../dp/1402740417
Unfortunately she has tons of small blocks that are 4 in. unfinnished none 3 1/2 in. unfinnished and none 4 1/2 in. unfinnished. I know odd size the 4 in. unfinnished. Adding just 1/2in. , quarter inch all around sounds hard to me. You talked before about having a swap that we could use this book so I thought this was it. I need to see what I can come up with. Also thank you for pointing out we can use geometrics etc. I prefer the more thematic but maybe I can find some free designs online of the geometric or traditional blocks that fit the size requirements. How you explained the colors is very helpful. I had gathered all pastels but a dash of slightly brighter fabric will really add.