Old 01-12-2013, 03:54 PM
virgwid

Default What is just ONE thing you wish different or had known beforehand?

Well, haven't posted in months. Lots of changes in my life and I am now settling down and able to start quilting again. I now have a new job that some time this year I will get to do from home!!! I kicked my live at college son out of his no longer used man cave (still has his bedroom), and bought a desk and chair for the job, and then realized it would only take up a small corner of the room, so my quilting is going to go from a cramped, nearly unusable section of my bedroom with my stash and such scattered all over the house to nearly a complete room!!! I have a wall picked out for a big board to hang to cover with felt (better idea?), a long table to sew and cut, 2 really ugly old bookcases that will hold books and supplies, and unfortunately only plastic storage bins to hold the fabric in. I would love your advice on the one thing you wished you had done, had known, before you set up your room, or the best piece of advice for storing everything. Right now I have all the little small what nots in a bucket that I have to dig thru, and no way to store my thread. I am slowly going thru all the pictures of the great spaces everyone has shared and am getting lots of inspiration. Trouble is, I have to do this rather fast, as I want the room to sort of look neat when the IT guys from work come to install everything, and gardening season will be starting in another couple months so my time will be even more limited. I would love all ideas, especially if there is something that is really a life and time saver or that can be done/made from other items, or any advice on how to keep organized. Thanks so much to all! Virg