View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 06:34 PM
JanTx

Default Turning 12 for senior piano student

I teach piano lessons and each year I make a quilt for a piano student who is graduating. It's not that usual for someone to still be taking lessons at that age so I want to really celebrate it. I collect fat quarters in red, black and white - trying to have 4 of the 12 FQs in music fabrics, the rest just "cute" and at least one in another hobby they have. So this is this year's quilt. I drape it over the church rail at the senior recital. It's not a surpise anymore, but still fun to have. We have one high school in our little town and the colors are red and white so ... this works in all kinds of directions.

Some years I have one graduating, some years none - if things remain the same next year I will have 3. Yikes! One of those I have taught since she was in Kindergarten. The least I've taught any of these seniors is 7 years. I'm hoping these will stay with them for many, many years.

Obviously this girl is a golfer. I already have fabric for next year's volleyball player, and lover of "Phantom of the Opera", but no luck with softball fabric. Baseball, yes, but softball, no. The "Opera" lover is also a dancer and I've found nothing in these colors and grown-up dancer. Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails dsc00175.jpg   dsc00176.jpg