View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 08:51 PM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by mhollifiel View Post
Thanks to all who weighed in so far. I have tried the magnet route and my arthritis really prefers that the pins be sticking up as pulling them off the magnet is not as effortless somehow. I think I may try QuiltNama's teacup idea as I have a stray small mug and some wool scraps that should work for this project. But I hate to stop my quilting long enough to make one.

What I had hoped for is a really FABULOUS flat pin cushion I could order already made. Then if I liked it, I could just order three or four! Anyone know a source where I can purchase the quilter's dream pin cushion?

I've got Arthur in my hands as well--------and the magnets are a blessing for me. There are always enough pins with the beady end up that I don't have a problem grabbing them. AND I have the magnetic wand too, to pick up dropped and scattered pins. THAT IS A BLESSING.

Once up at the church hall, I dropped the magnetic bowl on the concrete floor and pins flew everywhere. EASY CLEAN UP. I just "swept" the floor with the bottom of the bowl. If I'd not had the magnetics, I'd still be crying.