View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 09:36 PM
auntpiggylpn

Originally Posted by kitsykeel View Post
I went to a LQS once in another town, about 30 minutes away because we only have Walmart here. I saw a quilt on the wall and liked the pattern. Because I can get as many patterns as I will ever need online for free, I rarely buy one. Anyway, I was taking notes about the quilt so I could try it at home and boy did I get some dirty looks from the clerks. No one said anything, but I felt really creepy. Must be a no-no to do that. Haven't been back there, maybe if I wait another year they won't remember me.
I went into my favorite LQS one time and there was a quilt that was hung half on the wall, half on the ceiling. There wasn't a pattern available but it was pretty straightforward so I knew I could figure it out. One of the staff actually got out a ladder and climbed up to measure the blocks, sashing, and borders for me! He (yes, a "he"!) even got out some paper and helped me figure out the yardage I needed. I took a picture with my phone at his suggestion! Now that is just one of a million reasons why this is my FAVORITE LQS!!!