Thread: Recliner Quilt
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 11:01 AM
BuzzinBumble

Originally Posted by Lorileik View Post
It's beautiful, love the blues. Great IDE too for a recliner quilt. I am a home care nurse and see lots of elderly patients who sleep in their recliners for various reasons.
Thanks for all these sweet words everyone! I'm on cloud nine! As HuntersGrammie said "her smile would be all the appreciation i would need for the gift" It truly was! You all are givers too so you know that.

That so many people sleep on recliners is something I had not realized until recently. Lap quilts are often too small for coverage ansd twin size is too big. A couple of you asked about size:

Rita's finished recliner quilt is 54" x 70". I chose the size based on making it large enough to tuck in around Rita's toes and under her chin and not so big that the weight of it would pull it off her chair. Plus the number of blocks needed for the design also played a factor. I used wool batting which is very light weight yet puffy. I think you would probably always need to base the size on the recipent and the pattern you are using.