View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 02:10 PM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

Online you can find almost any fabric that is available. At Joann's you are stuck with what they have. I don't have a Joann's and have only been to one twice. I didn't care for it.

I like my LQS. I don't want it to close down so I always buy something there, whether I need it or not. Dang online stores are closing LQS. I know they have more to choose from and lots better prices, but you don't get to know the owner and the people who work there. They don't know what you like and can't suggest projects for you. They don't make classes especially for you because you need them. I am guilty of online shopping.

I buy from my LQS owner as much as I can. She is 45 minutes away. She hasn't gotten in new fabric in a long time. I feel horrible. She has a shop out back that anyone can go quilt on Tuesdays and Fridays and it's always full, but they don't buy from her. They just take advantage of her space. I know it's hard for her to stay open in this economy. I wish she would do an online store. I told her my son would set one up. He does that for a living, but she said she would have to monitor it too closely. Well, she could make a lot of money.

I hope she changes her mind.