View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 02:11 PM
PaperPrincess
Power Poster

You got it Sandy, quilting IS supposed to be fun! I consider this thread kind of like announcing you are on a diet. Just saying (typing) it reinforces your commitment, and garners support. There are no real 'rules', so I hope everyone will do whatever makes the most sense for them. Slip ups will have no consequences, and success will be however you define it. Some folks will be much more careful with purchases, some will strive for cold turkey. Like me. I'm still trying to organize my stash. Even after creating a large pile to gift to various people, I will still have approximately one gazillion yards. nicely folded I hope.

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4 View Post
Hey everyone, This is supposed to be fun, right. Let's not make it other than that. I too, am going to try and use from my stash every chance I can but if I need something for a backing or more batting or one FQ of a color to make a mug rug, I won't feel guilty. Hope you don't either. We aren't going to stop quilting at end of the year. I think the whole point of this is to try to use what we have first but if there is a sale and something you really can't live without, and it is a good price..I say get it within reason, of course. With fabric prices being what they are, if I found a sale on FQ's at .50cents each, I would grab some fast....moratorium or not. Any of you want to kick me off? LOL!