Thread: binding clips
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 02:31 PM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

Originally Posted by LivelyLady View Post
I don't use any clips, pins, nor anything which saves a ton of time. I've been using the ladder stitch which is invisible and nothing is needed to hold the binding in place while doing the ladder stitch. Over a year ago someone on this board told about it. Here is a tute: http://turningturning.com/tutorial-i...quilt-binding/ First it shows how it looked the old way she did binding and further down the page she shows the ladder stitch.
When I finished my first quilt, my older sister taught me the ladder stitch. I always think highly of anyone who used that stitch because my sister was such a wonderful quilter. She passed away in 2003 at 54.
I did the 2012 Craftsy BOM quilt also. The top is all put together, the batting is with it, the backing is sewn together and the binding is with it. I just have to take it to my LAer. I am going to have her custom quilt it. I used the exact same fabric as Amy Gibson used and it's gorgeous!!! I'm doing this year's 2013 Craftsy Free BOM. I bought her fabric and am copying her also. But I am also making a block using my own fabric so when the year is up, I will have 2 quilts instead of one.

I don't bind so I have no room to respond!