Old 01-13-2013, 05:45 PM
Pollytink

Originally Posted by DanofNJ View Post
I don't believe that you could convert the Nova into a treadle because the belt is internal, covered by cowl and so not accessible at all for an exterior belt...but who cares...get it!! and use the cabinet for a nice treadle.
No, Dan, it can be treadled. Some of the Supernovas have a cutout in the bobbin winder cover to accomodate the belt. If it doesn't, some of my Necchi list members have used a Dremel and cut out a small piece in that cover for the belt. There should be a hole in the base inside the motor compartment for the treadle belt in back and a small hole in the front that has a little plastic plug in it.

And the bobbin cases are standard class 15 cases and bobbins. Sometimes the aftermkt cases aren't as good as the originals but it's possible to find one that works fine.

My kids bought me a Supernova Julia in a Necchi parlor cabinet that was beautiful too! The Julia needed work so we put a BU in it and it was wonderfully smooth as a treadle. Those Necchi parlor cabinets are beautiful with their beautiful wood graining. And your find sure is worth the money! Good luck, hope you get it! Polly