Old 01-13-2013, 06:44 PM
AndysC

Just to clarify, when I said "ugly", I meant obviously thrown together without thought, ill made, etc. I agree that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Also, don't anyone out there think that my post was trying to say you have to be an expert to make quilts for charity. Your best effort is most definitely good enough and will be very appreciated and loved by someone in need!

The place where I learned to quilt receives baby blankets quite frequently. They are what I would call "plain Janes". They are simply one solid material on the front and another solid material on the back, with the back folded over for the binding. They are not always "square" or "rectangle", and the quilting is sometimes, well... I will leave it at that. However, the backs always "match" the fronts and they are clearly made with love and caring by someone very special. Those quilts are treasured and loved. What lucky babies and mamas that are the reipients of those quilts!

Furthermore, when we make quilts, we draw numbers and choose our fabrics in that order. I always get a bad number. I am always amazed that all the other ladies pick the "ugly" fabrics and I am left with the most beautiful treasures! It is very true that one man's trash is another man's treasure.

So get out there and make some charity quilts if you can afford to do so! There is such a need. And happy quilting!

Peace to all of you,

Sue