View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 07:02 PM
elainelquilt

I am also a magazine addict, but I have found that they can be a burden. several years ago a friends daughter came up with this idea... i keep the magazines in 3 baskets. the first basket is all new issues. i keep them there for 2 months. then I move them to basket #2. those magazines are 2 to 4 moths old. none newer and none older. once they are 4 months old, i move them to basket #3. that basket holds them until they are 6 months old. at that point i look through them again and cut loose any picture /patterns that i think i like or need for ideas and i put them in page protectors under a catagory that applies. the pages then go into a 3 ring binder. the rest of the magazine i toss. the 6 month rule gives me ample time to rethink any projects that i might have considered in the beginning, and a chance to add new ones. i have found that this system works quite well. after moving hundreds of magazines 3 times all over the country, i am thankful for the idea. wish i had thought of it myself.