View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 04:23 AM
Krystyna
Swap Hosts

Grammy1231 and Lynnie - love your responses.

I had the same problem at one point. Let me begin by saying that I sew veils for a living and while I mostly buy my lace from wholesale sources, I do go into Joann from time to time. That was the problem. Those darn coupons.

I organized everything on floor to ceiling shelves in my studio. Well, not everything. I still had tubs under my desk and a big one that I was working from in the living room. Then I decided that I would not buy any more fabric. Not a shred. Not from Joann, not from estate sales. None.

I started a blog about wanting to sew through everything before the end of my life. The challenge was on.

Then on October 29th it was all destroyed by Hurricane Sandy. All of it. My house, too.

What a mess. Eventually I tried to wash some, but it was just too disgusting.

And then my dear friends at the QB and Quiltsy started sending me packages to our new apartment. I now have more fabric than I need and am grateful for every last bit of it. Space is limited here and I now have no car to get to a store so it's not a temptation to shop. This time -- I WILL sew through everything. Every last scrap.