View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 05:49 AM
WMUTeach

First, I don't go wandering through fabric shops if I am not looking for fabric for a project that is at hand. I do not subscribe to very many online purchasing sites, just two. They lure you in to buy beautiful fabrics that you don't need, only love. Second, if I don't need any thread, batting etc. I toss out the JoAnn's flier immediately. I also NEVER buy any thing from JoAnn's unless I can use a coupon. If I get a good 60% off coupon, I buy batting or muslin backing by the bolt. But most often I just toss the flier because what I want is 30% off nearly all of the time. I may be hard nosed about this but I feel that although it is a store's job to sell me their products, it is my job to buy what I NEED.

I know that other individuals try to use a fabric budget. Then there is the group that recycle fabric from other sources. Still others feel that it is fiscally responsible to not over spend but to make use of what is currently at hand. I work some where in between all of those. Now some, and I suspect that there are many among us, that just love the look the feel and incredible buzz from a good looking piece of 100% cotton. Well, consider it an investment but invest with wisdom and purpose. Happy Quilting!