View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 06:15 AM
lclang

I joined the fabric moratorium for the last two years, last year and now this year. I did real well last year. Only bought a spool of thread and a couple of small pieces of fabric when I didn't have anything in my stash that would work. I made quite a few quilts and they turned out wonderfully. I am also using my scraps as much as I can so they do not pile up. I paid for the scraps too so I'm being thrifty! HA I have two large wooden cupboards full of print fabrics and a large metal shelf full of plain colors so there is on reason not to use them. I also have totes full of panels and unusual fabrics as well as men's neckties, etc. Since I am pushing 80 I think I should use as much as I can. Have also offered my daughters fabrics for their quilting projects. I just made a Christmas quilt top and when I ran out of one cream on cream print, I just found another and kept going. It turned out fine. I also made a heart quilt top and when I ran out of one red, I just used another and it really made it interesting. I don't go to the fabric stores and there is only one other stores that sells fabric in our area so I stay out of there. Don't go to the thrift stores unless I need something specific so I feel good about the moratorium, rather than feeling deprived. Good luck with your efforts to cut down.