Old 01-14-2013, 08:05 AM
sewNso

Cre8--you do good demo's. and yes, janstar, yours and i were/are a lot alike. and you talked me thru the scallops. everything i read said the seams on DJ (so those were, i assumed assembling the blocks, sashings, and tri's were suppose to be scant 1/4 inches) yes, and i see on the DJ site from brenda, i see she is telling to use 1" cut with a finished 1/2 in for the sashings between the blocks. for some reason, i must have missed that on my first jane, BUT i was H--L bent on getting her done, and it not being a UFO. i usually read whenever i was tired of sewing, so i just missed that completely. and i just got from the old thread, that the ladies were cutting sashings 1.5 with a l" finish. so that is what i did. when i started sewing my tri's onto the outer sashing (which i did use a finished 1/4") i took it slow to see if the tri's were going to line up with the blocks okay. they did with me using the 1.5 sashings. but for some reason i had difficulty with the kites alining and looking nice. but somehow, bluffed my way thru it.