View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 09:21 AM
SteveH
Banned

Thanks. at this point from this machine I only need the feed dog arm and brass spring, and one internal screw. The rest will be "spares" or if someone else is in need of parts.

My current plan is to make one machine a treadle base and the other into a portable.

Last night we got the first pass done on the gold work for the needlebar arm.

Here is the research that I used to kinda show the process.

Photo of mostly intact
[ATTACH=CONFIG]388038[/ATTACH]

Clip from manual
[ATTACH=CONFIG]388039[/ATTACH]
JPG of design I drew on PC. I place tracing paper under this and transfer the design, then pain over that.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]388045[/ATTACH]

This is the design for the arm art as I worked it out on the PC for tracing onto the part.

We also painted the first two corners of the gold work on the bed but were not happy with the results, so I ended up quick drying the paint and sanding it back down, then shooting a new coat of satin to "wipe the slate clean" as it were.

The issue I think was that I was the one who traced the pattern and then my daughter did the painting. We agreed that she should trace it this time so she gets the feel for the design better. She is also practicing the design on spare painted metal. Hopefully she will be painting that today while I am at work... hehe
Attached Thumbnails arm-paint.jpg   arm-art-detail-2.jpg   arm-design.jpg