View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 09:46 AM
Sierra

Originally Posted by momto5 View Post
Online can be cheaper if you watch for sales. I use eQuilter.com and Fabric.com and get some good deals...and there are lots of others as well.
These are the two I use also and they also have sales. After a while Joann's fabrics start becoming predictable (perhaps any place would be that way). I still buy fabric from there when it hits me with a "wow"! but usually go just for batting and other supplies. Actually, if you look at the way Joann's (ours in Rocklin, CA. anyway) does it is that they put and keep everything on sale so you can't use your coupons the way you used to. I asked a clerk if there was ANY quilting fabric not on sale and she said, "Not much. On the back wall there are about 20 bolts on sale." They were all very drab and it was pretty obvious why they were on sale.

So, taking that into account, prices from the on-line stores, especially the two mentioned above, can be cheaper than Joann's, and if you buy over so many dollars they will ship free. And their sales can be outstanding. I don't find I am buying more by buying on line, but you need to find a place that has the kind of fabric you really want. eQuiter.com also has a wonderful search element which allows you to put in your current interest (kid prints; animal prints, batik, ocean....) and you will get hundreds of hits.