Old 01-14-2013, 11:46 AM
MargeD
Power Poster

Smile Fabric choices

Originally Posted by Teeler View Post
Disclaimer: Don't mind the excited newbie...there are days when I might appear to have a bi-polar thing going on, but it's just "me." Oh, and I don't know how much "show and tell" goes on at this group regarding 'acquisitions,' but I hope it's ok to post them...

So today I ventured out again, less than 18 hours after my disappointing evening last night.

First stop: get my Kenmore out of hawk. It got a tuneup, and new little felt pads on top (that will DEFINITELY make it run better, right? In much the same way that washing my car makes it run better...) Found out that my 385 doesn't allow for FMQ- boo. Guess that means I need to start thinking about a new machine- LOL.

Next stop: Joann's just to "see" what I might need (yes, this is all a need, right?) Not too much of sale going on, so I dropped "Ben" and "Andy" at the checkout counter, but I came away with this fine material by uh...Susan Winget? I forget...I don't know fabric designers yet, but I'm sure at some point I'll find some favorites.

The pattern I plan on using was found in a book there- Easy Weekend something-or-other, and is by Sara Diepersloot called Pineapple Paradise. Does anyone know if I can find the pattern in some "generic" form online?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]387707[/ATTACH]
Pattern:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]387709[/ATTACH]
http://www.softexpressions.com/Merch.../4K1958-39.jpg
I wish I could stop at JoAnn's and "see" what I might need. Just spent the gift card the kids gave me for Christmas plus the money from a Bow Tucks bag I sold, but (my often time comment) "Honey, it was on sale". Anyway, I digress - I wanted to applaud you for your fabric choices, so bright and cheerful - just what we all need in Jan. Keep us posted. Sorry, but I don't know where you could find the pattern.