View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 06:50 PM
Elisabrat

I finished my balkan and last night would have been a disaster I was too tired. Today it is done but I have to say it must be just me but it was not as simple to line up all those pieces and I measured twice .. i would say that is not an easy block for a beginner and I am not a beginner. a later beginner perhaps. This should be seriously thought about when you ladies pick the blocks. just because you can whip it out doesnt mean another person can. and while we all like to learn and push ourselves this is month one. and there is no teacher sitting there by their side like a class would be. There are some definite beginners and I thought I might mention it. take it or leave it. but in the start you know its like nine patches then maybe another of the blocks that is half square triangles and squares then you branch a bit to say antique tile and work your way to oh a monkey wrench you know that kind of moving forward. get good at one. then tackle the next. flying geese are not newbie blocks as if you dont know which grain line your on or start in the center and sew out to the lower corner.. little rules of the game.. that make making them easier? sorry I am over tired. i get these good thoughts and then promptly forget them and THEN well if all falls out at once. I apologize.