Old 01-14-2013, 07:39 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

So ... what does everyone else have for their home's "mascot"?
Please join JanRN, MiraB and I .... to show us!!!
JanRN ... Do you suppose the 3 we've met are being led astray afterhours by MiraB's backyard naughty fellow??

MiraB .... Yes indeed, a "cheeky" sort, he is. I think you'd better show us your backyard naughty boy! Not to worry, we'll remember it's MrMiraB's!!! Another lovely Snuggle. It's so soft and feminine looking. Can;t help but love it. Glad to see you are like the rest of us ... a little ADD affected! Will look forward to your D4P and Asian Scrappy next! Better you give DS eggs, than to take away from your sewing time! Wish we were all closer, and could have joint quilting lessons from you!!

Anael ... you know, you can change the stash problem!! Yea for you and BBs on their way. Now watch them arrive before the Canadian ones!! Great quilt ... once again, your trademark white background and the fresh colours. Love those kitties with the ♥s in them!

CarrieM ... Yippeeeee ... a new clubhouse!!!! How exciting!! My sewing room is kind of a pale but bright terra cotta. A peach? Oh I don't know what you;d call it. White wood trim with white hung ceiling. Design wall is about 7-1/2x12ft and made from tentest. I covered each panel of the tentest with black fleece only, no batting. Then we hung them on the wall, side by side, with screws. The black fleece has been grand ... holds everything!! I can still stick pins in if I want, such as when I want to pin up patterns with what I am working on or whatever. I've hung fully assembled quilts for long stretches and they've stayed put. And, you can never have your design wall large enough!! So don't skimp! Believe me ... I often have more than one project on the wall. Having a large one let me keep all the FWS/PC blocks as I did them as well as whatever else I was working on. And then, I still have some smaller 2x4 panels that are free standing that I use when the wall is full for things like when I was doing Fr♥sty!

Flooring is the cement floor painted. I do have two area rugs with stretches of the bare concrete. I didn''t want installed carpet, for fear of a flood. I know too many people who have had that problem, though they tell me it;d never happen here. Never say Never! We'll all look forward to your new and improved Clubhouse ... will their be a new name?

JeanieG ... is that the Easy Street pattern. Your colours work well together, though I can see why you are finding it a bit busy. Sometimes we just can't see those things, until we are well on the way. At least, I wish I could develop that early-vision!

QNSue .. now that's one serious design wall ... and the extras, are great too! Does MrQNSue have one too? Take advantage of MrQNSue's kitchen duty days ... and be sure to praise him highly, to keep him "wanting" to do it for you!!!

GGal & JanRN ... so ... ready for a design wall expansion?

Moi? ... It seemed to be a long day today. Appointments for business and eye appt for myself along with a lot of driving. Whipped by the time I got home tonight. Another day tmro and I will be refreshed! I got the mini finished last night that I was working on ... and then noticed that the flange had got flipped at one corner when stitching. So need to take the binding off at that corner fix it and put it all back together again. arrgghhh!!!! Had hoped to do that tonight, but knew that my brain and eyes were just not in the zone to do so.