View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 08:20 PM
pumpkinpatchquilter

I tell you what you guys are the best bunch of motivators there ever was!! I cannot thank you enough for all the wonderful compliments (and gee - confidence boosters too!!) - you all are wonderful!

Originally Posted by sniktasemaj View Post
Just unbelievable. I wish you were around to teach me.
I wish I were too!!

Originally Posted by dahlshouse View Post
That's beautiful work.. maybe some day I could do something like that... you should make it into a pillow for a keepsake..
Is there a book that shows how to do this? or is it your own idea?
These were my own design but there is MUCH inspiration to be found looking at show quilts from the big shows and on the blogs.

Originally Posted by psailer View Post
that is beautiful.. i think you need to practice some more on some of my quilt tops...lol....
Well, I very literally JUST bought a long arm so hey, I could make that happen very soon!!!

Originally Posted by earthwalker View Post
Practice....Practice....are you kidding! Pumpkinpatchquilter you are a natural....I could practice 'til the cows come home and my fingers drop off and no way could I produce something half as good. Thanks for sharing with us and reminding us all the whizz bang machines in the world aren't necessary to produce beautiful work.
Oh my what a compliment, you are TOO kind!!! The top of the line machines are GREAT machines...but that's not to say that the lower end machines won't work. You can do this on ANY sewing machine that you can cover or drop the feeds on...meaning if you have a fifty year old antique machine you could do this too... The only thing I find hard to do on a domestic is LONG sweeping flowing feathers...for me once they get to a certain size they start to look odd...REALLY looking forward to the additional space on my new long arm!