View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 02:59 AM
Jenniky

Howdy my friends.. I have been back at the sewing machine full time for two days now. I'm working on a small sampler quilt. It has been a great project to get my creative juices flowing again.

I have the camera charged and loaded the pictures onto my computer and no pictures of the ornament. Grr I know I took those pictures before I left and all the projects were packed away for storage. Well I guess the craziness of the times has taken another prisoner. Bummer.. I am so proud of the way it finally turned out. Oh well come spring when we are back in Indiana and I reunite with my lovely stash and UFO's I was working on I will be able to take pictures again to share.

In the mean time, I am thinking of making a Red, White, and Blue Mug Rug of my own design for 2013's first patriotic project. I know I want to incorporate a few of the blocks patterns from the sampler Im working on now. Here is a picture of it. I have it pinned to a football quilt pinned on the wall. I dont know how the colors will show up on your computer. The pictures don't do the fabric justice at all.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]388235[/ATTACH] Part of what I was thinking for the Patriotic Mug Rug was to hand quilt a wavy flag pole design on individual blocks in the solid blocks that separate the sampler blocks. Will be searching the Quilt Cache for block ideas also. I don't think though I will set the blocks on point as I am doing in this first project. I am going to look for small and large print paisleys in fabrics. IDK just my beginning project thoughts. It is SEW good to be back at the machine and creating.
Attached Thumbnails 013.jpg