Thread: Need Recipes
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 04:47 AM
salemrabbits

we have 4 hunters in this family and also have additional landowner tags that can be filled during deer season. Over the years the guys have built their own processing area in a no longer used barn on the farm- this year it got a cooler system! We process most of our meat into "tidbits" which are boneless chunks of venison, hamburg, and backstrap roasts. tidbits are easy to marinate and use on the BBQ or in a crockpot for flash fry on the stove. We have several friends also that are part of the"family" and help with processing- for their ability to hunt on our land...everybody makes out. The deer eat out of the bunk in the winter-so we know we feed them plenty and there are way too many most nights in the fields making it slow driving. Have counted more than 100 on some nights--! We have rules for hunting- has to be a minimum of 4 points to take. NO does until the last weekend for the guys-women are allowed to take a doe during the regular season if they have a doe tag......we have a high population of deer, turkey, and pheasants.......and are also blessed with at least 6 AMERICAN EAGLES 2 groups of 3. We can watch them hunt and fish in the river......have one photographer with some awesome magazine quality photos- we also make sure they have meat when the snow gets high either roadkill or calves from the farm that didn't survive....I think I live in heaven.........
sorry I got off your request. I also have game cookbook(s) check on-line I bet there are lots of recipes. We also make sausage and jerky with a dehydrator.............