View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 08:36 AM
Scissor Queen

Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
I have issues with Jo'Anns and the coupon use. They use them to draw in the customers.. but then "game" the use, by putting items on sale , so coupons can not be used. They also seem to inflate prices , so when a sale happens , you are paying normal pricing , but feel like you got a deal... They have wired our brains to look at the "what you saved" in big bold print... rather than what you spent. This is to create the feel good impression.. when in reality the "deal" or savings was not all that wonderful.
I wish they would price more reasonably and forget all the coupon/discount gimicks.
Yes, the illusion of saving. If you actually look at the prices you'll see that JoAnn's fabric is almost as much as a lot of LQS fabrics. Why would you pay just as much for lower quality? There are several discount sellers of top quality fabrics where you'll end up paying less than you would at a JoAnn's. For that matter nearly every LQS eventually puts fabrics on sale and I've bought fabric at several LQS from $1 to $3 a yard.