View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 10:17 AM
cattailsquilts

Originally Posted by sengell View Post
I am going to try fleece in next kids quilt. Can you still FMQ with a fleece batting?
I can't FMQ with my domestic machine, I just can't get the hang of it. So I put mine on my frame & quilt that way. I guess that means yes? The biggest thing is Baste Baste Baste! When loading the fleece on my frame, I have to be super careful not to stretch it, otherwise the quilt will distort.

Originally Posted by Teeler View Post
Stupid question time: Is fleece cheaper than a decent cotton batting? Although, I suppose that's one of those YMMV questions, huh? Depending on where you get it, whether you can find remnant/clearance pieces-parts, or the weight/thickness you purchase.

Warm & Natural is on sale/clearance at Joann's this week for 50% off...$22.xx for queen size. But I don't know how that compares to fleece yardage.
Fleece is anywhere from $7-$17/yard for 58" wide. I wouldn't want to do a pieced back out of fleece, because of the bulk of the seams. I also buy my batting in bulk, usually the queen size 40-yd roll. But then, this is part of my income.