View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 11:25 AM
roseirish48

elisabrat, I appreciate your comments on the ease of making the Balkan's Puzzle block. When it was suggested during the quilt along, i looked at the pattern and questioned why it was chosen and why they thought it was hard. But I hadnt read the directions. I looked at the picture and saw a 16-patch of HST's just like the Fancy Stripe square with a variance in color placement only. It was why Wyldwytch put the blurb with the choice of the block to let people know that it was basically a variation of technique. But your point stating that "what a experienced quilter can whip out could be a different story for a newbie" is well taken. I am just as guilty of seeing patterns from my more experienced eye--but then i see Ana doing up a block beautifully from a pattern that experienced quilters had told her was WAAAY too hard for a newbie. And that was back in May shortly after she joined QB and had yet to even sew a 4-patch. I shall look forward to seeing what contributions you will make to the selection of he next blocks.