View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 03:22 PM
CarolynMT

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
Hey I wanted to apologize for my earlier post. I am over tired today and over cranky and its no ones fault but my own. The comment on what blocks you chose is not appropriate its up to the leader in the end and always up to the leader of the group. It was not called for to comment or judge that decision. So please accept my apology and know that I will work hard in the future to not bring any issues I might have to public forum. I just really had a bad quilting day all around. well off to bed. tomorrow hopefully will be a much better day. thanks for hearing me out guys.
Elisa, I know personally, I welcome comments from everyone.....I may not follow it per se, but it is hard to make an educated decision without education Hence the request for input. That is me.....

Now after talking with wyldwytch in the chat area for the past month (good gracious only that long!) I have to say my impression is that she is just as open to comments. Matter of fact, friday night chats are evolving into "block selection" where everyone in the chat posts and/or comments on blocks. Please come join us one friday night. We are not so scary.... there are a group of regulars in there, those that come every day/night. An absolutely great group of ladies and even a few gents. And the friday night block selection is wonderful too.

As rose mentioned, it is hard for each of us to gauge what is "easy" and "challenging", for me personally, I am up for any challenge (yes I am the one guilty of the Interlocked Puzzle block) Often times we dont have enough people to help with the easy blocks.....One would think that would be the easier block to pick, but it isnt. Challenging block is easy to pick out....just look for the "OMG!" reaction. But an easy block, which should be easy enough for even a beginning quilter to tackle yet still be challenging enough that they feel like they are learning...that is not so easy. And that is invariably the blocks we have the most trouble selecting.

So please, everyone, come join us......we are very open and accepting, but be warned if you talk about a project or quilt you are doing/have done, you best come armed with photos we love looking at work.