View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 04:16 PM
ruby2shoes

Default Loose seams: help!

Morning all....
Am working on a quilt top made with a gazillion little triangles. I decided before cutting out all 1200 little triangles and then joining them in groups of 4 to make bigger triangles, (shudder) I would do a trial run with enough triangles to construct 2 completed rows sewn together to see how it all would look.
Despite using the rotary cutter and template as carefully as I could some of my triangle seams have been reluctant to line up. Okay, I can live with the inaccuracies....first attempt at this sort of sewing...no-ones' perfect...and so on....BUT what is worrying me is that some of my seams, once I have pressed my triangles, are sort of showing the machine stitching...almost like the stitching is a bit loose? My tension is good and I am loathe to fiddle with it as it is not happening on every construct seam. Should I worry about this? I am planning to do fmq over the quilt top so will it be a problem? i also have a little bit of puckering on some of my triangles as I have persuaded them to seam match with their neighbour.....once again, will this matter once I have fmq the top?
All advice greedily devoured!