Old 01-15-2013, 04:20 PM
nstitches4u

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
Am I the only one who didn't know that Fon's and Porter have a magazine by Jennie Doan called Quilting Quickly and it came out January 1, 2013? I just now found out. I am so excited. I ordered the digital and the real magazine. I think it said it is 4 times a year. Is that right? She is my favorite quilting person. I just love her personality and her methods and how she says "Isn't this just the cutest ..." to everything she's working on. I call the shop all the time because I order from Missouri Star Quilt Co. and always hope that she will accidentally answer the call. No luck yet. Dang! I think I will save up and make a trip to her store (make sure she will be there) just to see her in person. I feel like she is a good friend and someone I can trust. Anyone else love her this much? Anyone else not know about her magazine, which is going to be awesome??!!??
I am a big Jenny Doan fan too. I have been looking all over for a copy of Quilting Quickly and have been unable to find it. I guess I will have to drive to Missouri Star and pick one up. It is my favorite quilt shop. It only takes about an hour and 10 minutes to get there from my house. Jenny is just as sweet and cheerful in person as she is on her videos. I'll bet if you asked to talk to Jenny when you call, they would put her on the phone. The whole family works in the business and they are the nicest people you would ever want to meet.

Last edited by nstitches4u; 01-15-2013 at 04:32 PM.