View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 04:22 PM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I guess I am one of the few who doesn't shop at Joann's (don't have one anywhere around me) and refuse to walk into Walmart altogether (I believe everything they sell is inferior and doesn't last long - bought a flatscreen TV and it quit working in one year) so when I do shop, which I am doing seldom, I shop at my LQS. She is going down fast because of online shops and people shopping at Walmart and Joann's and she has such outstanding customer service. I take my quilts to her so she can send them to the LAer and I always buy something from her, just anything, to try to help keep her shop open. She blocks my quilts when they come back from the LAer. She has 4 LAers she uses and she and I discuss which one to use for each quilt. She is invaluable to me. I bought a layer cake from her and she cut it into 5" squares while I waited - for free - because she wanted to help me. I call her with a problem and she'll stay on the phone for an hour trying to help me figure it out. I bring in my quilts in progress for help, even though I bought the fabric at another quilt shop, and she'll help me. She sold me a 22"x70" mat when they were on a ridiculous sale for stores only to me for cost. She bound 6 of my quilts for next to nothing and did a fabulous job. I gave her a $25 gift card to her favorite coffee shop and she came from around the counter and gave me a big hug. I missed a class that I paid for so she said to pick any class I wanted and she would set me up in the room next to her and she would teach me all day while she worked. I love my LQS. I will go no place else. I quit going to the other LQS out of loyalty. I try not to buy online anymore. I want her to stay in business. She sells high quality fabric, which I love. She gives away great customer service you can't get at Walmart or Joann's.