View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 04:38 PM
patski

You know some people only wear designer clothes and carry a purse that cost big $$$. We all have to choose.Personally, I shop on line, at Joanns , even at WalMart. We don't have an LQS in Miami, I have to drive an hour north and really I just don't think its worth the gas! I just ignore the quilt police and sew for pleasure.

Originally Posted by MissSongbird View Post
I always hear Joanns and like fabric stanores always getting a bad rap from, primarily, quilters. Why is it so?

I understand that Joanns, and such, does not always have the best quality fabric, compared to LQS, but I don’t think it is as bad as people make it out to be. I’ve heard several quilters say “real quilters” don’t shop at Joanns (and most of us know that is ridiculous!).

I don’t have much of a choice when buying my fabric. As some of you know, I’m a college student and money is always tight. I love the fabric at my LQS, but unless I really, REALLY want it, I won’t buy it, because I can’t afford it. And the thing is when I shop at Joanns I always make sure to get the nicer quality fabric. If a fabric doesn’t feel right, I won’t buy it.

(Plus I don’t think the best quilts have to be made out of the best fabric out there. The only time quality of fabric should be judged relatively harsh is when it is entered in a quilt show – and even then sometimes it isn’t the most important aspect of the quilt.)<o></o>