View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 05:43 AM
KathyC9511

Default My new Handi Quilter 16

Well, I finally made the plunge. I have been free motion quilting on my Janome 11000 for years. I have been lusting for a sit down quilting machine since the International Quilt Show back in November. I tried the Sweet 16 machine and loved it. My problem is I just could not justify in spending $5000+ to purchase a machine for my personal use.

So I have been on a mission to find a gently used machine for several months. I had decided I did not want a machine with the true stitch regulator which would add an additional $1000 to the cost. I am comfortable with my free motion skills on my Janome and found this feature made the Sweet 16 jumpy and jerky.

Being retired, I really try to find the best deals I can. Low and behold, I found a 18 month old machine that had been used only twice. It is the purple and white machine with the computer on the side. Has all the features like the 16. The lady who purchased it became ill and never used the machine again. She asked her dealer to help find a new home for this basically new machine. So today is the day, I am going to bring her home this afternoon. Now I can finish all those quilt tops stacked in the closet!!!!