View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 05:51 AM
quiltmom04

I think of it this way. When I was just learning to cook, I used that powdered Parmesan cheese from McCormick . As I got more experienced, I used better and better - and more expensive - Parmesan cheese. I can tell the difference. I'm willing to spend the money and I like it. Does the mean someone else shouldn't use the powdered stuff, or that its inedible? Of course not. Use what you want. It is just that there is better tasting, albeit higher priced, Parmesan cheese out there that will give you different results, that you can buy IF YOU WANT. Same with fabric. There are different grades and prices of fabrics. As you get more experienced, you can tell the difference, and you can decide what you want to use. And different projects may call for different quality of fabrics. But it helps to have the knowledge to make the decision. And certainly not using Joann coupons for things like rotary cutter blades or rulers or whatever is exactly the same at a quilt store seems silly, but please keep in mind - even all the fabric in Joann's is not th same quality!