View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 09:13 AM
Weezy Rider

I won't shop at Wally world. It's over animal abuse(fish) so I've been boycotting even tho they no longer have a pet department. Not fabric quality.

Joanne's will have some nice stuff at times, and whoever likes it, more power to them. I'm more intrigued by color than style, and that is my complaint. I will shop wherever I can get the colors I want. Sometimes that is the local quilt shops as they tend to keep last years fabric longer - especially if it still sells. After they sell out, then new stuff will replace. The box stores tend to replace faster. Even the LQS might be different if they also sell machines - there might or not be a better selection of thread and accessories for machine quilting. Some will carry different lines, but mostly the same color choices.

The only real big complaint I ever had about Joanne and the local Hancock, was crafts! I don't mind paper, art, etc, but that pot-pourri would give me a headache. It stank. You can ignore the other craft items, but the smell goes all over.